UPDATE : This plugin has been removed from wordpress plugin repository, due to my coming new plugin which is an advance version of WP Query Search Filter. This new plugin includes a lot new features, so stay tuned
UPDATE 2 : The Advance WP Query Search Filter has been released! This old WP Query Search Filter will not update any more.
Initially it was created for one of my client’s property website. Not in a plugin though, but rather make use of function.php. Now finally turn it into a plugin.
WP_Query Search Filter let your user perform more precisely search by filtering the search through post type, taxonomy and meta field. Ideal for website that have multiple post types, taxonomies and meta fields, eg property website, product website etc.
- Admin are free to choose whether the search go through post type, taxonomy, meta field or even all of them.
- Using wp search template to disply the result.
- Admin can define how many result per page.
- Admin can sorting the result page by meta key and meta value.
- Using widget or shorcode to display the search form.
Installation and usage
1. Upload `wp-query-search-filter` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Find WP Query Search Filter setting page under Settings Menu
How can I styling the search form?
– You can simply refer the wqsf-style.css that come with the folder and alter it or override it at your theme css file.
What if I want to display the search form in the template?
– Put this into <?php echo do_shortcode(“[wqsf-searchform]”); ?> your template.